Happy New Year! It is that time again, the time when people are sick and tired of being sick and tired. They want a fresh start, some want to lose weight, get fit, get stronger, feel better and quit the old habits. As a fitness trainer I see it every year. The gyms get crowded in January and February. People want change, they want to stop the old destructive ways. for most it doesn’t last but only a couple months. Here are some tips to stay on track and to keep pressing forward. Consistency truly is the key.
- Know your why. Why are you wanting to get healthy and fit? remind yourself daily of your why!
- Let go of the guilt! so you failed in the past, forgive yourself and press on, you can do this! pray for strength and wisdom to make better choices.
- Love yourself and don’t compare yourself to others. God made you unique. Be you!
- Eat healthy! you WILL feel better. Dump the sugar! it is crack and very addictive.(also get rid of all processed junk) Dr Mark Hyman has great books on eating healthy. Educate yourself and eat the foods God made. Do not skip breakfast(even if its just a protein shake with some fruit before you workout) EAT ! don’t starve yourself, it only causes harm to your body. Healthy food does not make you fat.
- Find fun in exercise! go outside! Try some gym group classes, walk, hike, jog, spin, zumba, step, bike, jump-rope, boot-camps, trampoline, try different things and find what you like! get a friend involved, encourage each other to keep going.
- Set small goals to not overwhelm yourself!
- DRINK half your body weight in ounces of water everyday to hydrate and flush toxins out.
- Reward yourself with a new outfit or a massage or whatever makes you feel good, except junk food!
This is a New Year and it is going to be the best yet! I bless you reader to jump into new adventures, to be free to try new things! to love yourself the way God loves and adores you! To have FUN in it and encourage others to get healthy and free also.
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship.
Romans 12:1 (NIV)
In health and freedom,